The City Seminar: Migrant Women Walking Down the Cheap Road – Toronto, ON – 5 January 2018January 16, 2018
UN-Habitat World Urban Forum – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – 7-13 February 2018February 16, 2018
Linda Peake, GenUrb's Principal Investigator and Director of the City Institute facilitated a Series of Grant Writing Workshops in Preparation for the SSHRC Connections Grant 1 May 2018 Deadline.
- 26 January 2018 12pm-2pm (749 Kaneff Tower)
- 14 February 2018 11am-1pm (outside of 731 Kaneff Tower)
- 16 March 2018 11am-1pm (749 Kaneff Tower)
Connection Grants support workshops, colloquiums, conferences, forums, summer institutes, or other events or outreach activities that facilitate:
- disciplinary and/or interdisciplinary exchanges in the humanities and social sciences;
- scholarly exchanges between those working in the social sciences and humanities and those working in other research fields;
- intersectoral exchanges between academic researchers in the humanities and social sciences and researchers and practitioners from the public, private and/or not-for-profit sectors; and/or
- international research collaboration and scholarly exchanges with researchers, students and non-academic partners from other countries.
Events and outreach activities funded by a Connection Grant may often serve as a first step toward more comprehensive and longer-term projects potentially eligible for funding through other SSHRC funding opportunities.