- 1. Learning Objectives
- 2. What is a literature review?
- 3. Types of reviews
- 4. What is the purpose of a literature review?
- 5. Planning the Literature Review
- 6. How to find literature
- 7. Organising the Literature
- 8. How to write a literature review
- 9. Citation practices
- 10. Examples of literature reviews
- 11. Summary
- 12. Feedback Survey
7. Organising the Literature
You will likely collect a large number of texts. Reference management software can be extremely helpful in organising the texts and approach their analysis in an organised and efficient manner. Applications like Zotero
work both online and offline, and have tools to assist you in this task, such as generating citations for bibliographies and in-text references, and adding tags or keywords so that you can find information easier. Some reference management software also allows you to organize PDF files and add notes on each entry, which is very useful for producing annotated bibliographies.